Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise

I finally found time to start this blog, however it did not come easy.

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous Southern California day, or so I heard.  At 5:30 AM I got up, made the coffee, showered, and proceeded to wipe my husband down with "sage wipes".  I would love to tell you that sage wipes are some kind of exoctic/erotic new skin care product, but they're not.  They are anti-bacterial wipes, the kind that you need to use before surgery to help reduce the potential of MRSA, etc.  My husband, Barry-the-Great (we will call him "BTG") was having back surgery 9:00 AM.

I then made breakfast, packed a lunch for "Smarty-Pants" (my son), and made sure his 12-year-old attention span would remember to leave the house on time for school, as this was the first time he would need to be so self-responsible.  Without a moment to spare, I threw some stuff in a bag and rushed BTG out the door.

It was 7:00 AM when we walked through the hospital doors, and I was carrying 12 lbs. of laptop/working materials so I could occupy my time so that I would not go to the dark-worry place that I have a tendency to do.

About two hours into the wait, I had a burst of creativity that surprised even me.  I created 3 new serum recipes, balanced my checkbook, and finally wrote a post for this blog (you will see it later this week).  I spent the entire day in the hospital, and I was able to take care of a lot the behind-the-scenes work that you need to do when you have a business, but never seem to have the time for. In the most odd way, I am grateful for those hours I had to refocus, and center on my stuff.

The day was a lot of things for me, with "scary" leading the emotional pack, but I am very happy to announce that BTG had a very successful surgery, and that Smarty-Pants made it to school all on his own, and on time.

I am also happy to announce that Juicy Segments is alive and ready to kick it!

No comments:

Post a Comment