Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesdays with Talent: Nancy Stukey, a.k.a Urban Corner


Hi! My name is Nancy Stukey and I’m a stay-at-home mother of two girls. I love being creative, original, making people smile and feel good, and most of all I love to dream. My business, Urban Corner, allows me to let loose on my creative side. I wanted to offer stylish jewelry with a rich look without the high market price tag. I take pride in my craftsmanship and I hope you enjoy my jewelry as much as I do.
                                                                       


Q: What would you say is your talent?
This may sound a bit quirky, but my main talent really is a juggler! I’m a Stay-at-home mother to my two wonderful daughters, who are 11 and 9 years old, and a wife to my husband who is works for the Fire Department. His schedule leads me to also be a housecleaner, plumber, gardener, animal caretaker, etc. Because he can be gone for 16 days on a fire, it is up to me to take care of everything.  Last but not least in my free time I like to express my creative side through my jewelry making.

Q: How did/when did you discover this talent (or passion)
I have always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and appearance. About 10 years ago, I decided to become an Esthetician.  This move was fitting for me because I loved helping people feel good about themselves.  Becoming an Esthetician opened me up to the world of natural healing methods which included healing stones. Last year, I started taking beading classes and dicovered how much I really enjoyed creating jewelry.  I’m looking forward to creating jewelry that I can incorporate healing stones.

Q: What need/problem/condition do you serve?
I like to give back to our community whenever I can. I’ve been a Girl Scout Leader for my youngest daughters troop for five years. Through our troop we participate in Operation Gratitude, Casa Pacifica (which provides temporary shelter for children removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect or abandonment) and serve many other community service needs. I’m also a big part in volunteering at my daughters schools. Twice a year during our fundraisers, I participate in a silent auction and I donate a portion of my sales to our school. I beleive the children are our world and the better we can educate them and assist them while they are growing up, they will become better people with good values.


Q: Who is your customer?
My target customer is the average person thats wants quality original jewelry and a rich look without the high-end price tag.

Q: What do you like most about your job?
My stay-at-home status allows me to spend time with my family and it allows me to have a flexible schedule. 

Q: What do you like least about your job?
I wish there were more time in the day! I think everyone can agree with me on this one. Because I stay home, one would think I’d have all the time in the world to make bracelets. Sometimes, I can go for a week without creating something new. I have so many ideas, but yet so little time. 

Q: What do you want our readers to know about your business?
As I create pieces, I truly put my heart into my work. I enjoy what I do and hope to put more of my ideas in my shop. I also try to promote and encourage others whenever I can. Communication is very important to me. When I create custom orders, I try to connect with my customer to give them exactly what they want in their piece.

Q: How can we reach you?
You can find my jewelry in my UrbanCorner shop on Etsy 
You can also follow me on twitter 
Finally, I'm on Facebook here

Q: Is there anything you would like to add?
Thank you very much for featuring me.

You are welcome Nancy!  Here's an interesting tidbit...Nancy has a sister who is also very talented, and hopefully, I can convince her to be a Tuesday's with Talent Feature in the near future.
 
© 2011OC Skin Solutions, LLC


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

No comments:

Post a Comment